En route to downtown Vancouver

I often see things in the early morning that I don't see any other time. As I ran around the corner in Stocking Creek Trail this morning, I came face to face with an owl, sitting on the railing of a bridge spanning a creek. I must have come within five feet of this majestic bird as it took off with its wide wing span flapping, staring directly at me with its big eyes. I wonder how a mouse must feel with this harbinger of doom swooping down from above.

We took the ferry back to Vancouver and we're now staying at a downtown hotel for a couple nights before we head for Japan. John is the driver behind the geocaching we've been doing lately. The kids search for stuff and Catheleen and I get some walks in, often in some scenic places off the beaten track - win-win. Today we went to a few sights including a stroll along Canada Place, where we watched the float planes come and go. Here John found a cache in red that was hard to spot, hiding in plain sight.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falls and White Rock

Baristas and the open ocean

Snorkel till you drop